Now what would a March HEC be without a challenge incorporating one of my favorite holidays, St. Patrick's Day? 'twouldn't be a March HEC, no!
So, in honor of Paddy himself, I'm going to have a wee bit o' fun with ye and hope that ye play along, for 'tis an easy challenge (at least I think so!) ;)
Here's all ye 'ave to do:
Create a card (or project) that follows two guidelines:
1. It incorporates the shamrock in it. Now, contrary to many, the shamrock has THREE leaves, not four. You see, lads and lasses, legend 'as it that St. Patrick used the beloved shamrock to teach of the Holy Trinity... that God is three Persons in one. So ye can see that a four-leaved shamrock just wouldn't work, would it? ;) Now ye may be 'ollering: "Ach! I don't 'ave a shamrock stamp, Ted!" Now don't be gettin' yer leprechauns all riled up! Ye can improvise a wee bit. Have a heart stamp? There ye go... stamp the heart three times pointing to each other and draw in a stem... ye got a shamrock! Click here to learn more about shamrocks.
2. It incorporates ALL THREE colors of Ireland's flag: green, white, and orange, as seen here:
I'm not terribly picky of which green or orange you use...or really how much of each color you use. And hey... since I'm in a pot-of-gold mood, ye can also use "black" in your project. :) But the card or project must MOSTLY be in green, white and orange. :) (although if you MUST use other colors, try to use them minimally) :)
So there ye go, folk! There is your 'appily Ever Challenged of the month of March. As St. Paddy 'imself would say: "Easy - peasy."
As always, you would win yerself a very GREEN
TEN DOLLAR PAPERTREY INK GIFT CERTIFICATE
AND a bonus!
The winner will also receive a $5.00 gift certificate to Doodle Dragon Studios to pick some digital images from the awesome Dustin Pike! :)
Here are the usual guidelines:
1. You will post a photo of your project on your blog or gallery.
2. You will then need to copy the URL of the BLOG POST (not your blog, but the actual post where you're featuring the project).
3. Add the URL and your NAME to the INLINKS below. :)
4. In your blog post, please add a link to this post and direct others to this post so that they may participate!
5. The deadline is Friday, March 25, 2011 by around 3:00 PM PST.
6. I will choose a random number/winner then and post it.
7. The winner will have until Friday, April 1 to email me at happilyevercrafter at gmail dot com. If I don't receive an email by then, I'll re-draw a number and so on.
8. Only one entry per person, please. :)
Thanks for looking and/or commenting!
Happily Ever Yours,