I know it's been a while since we've had a HEC and I know how much you've missed them! ;)
Well, I wanted to do something special for this month's HEC. After all, the next time we'll have a similar date in this format will be February 2, 2022! And the next time we'll have a New Year's Day with this type of format will be January 1, 3001! So it's going to be a HEC that can be "ONE" over! ;) (Sorry... it's the end of my vacation so I'm not as clever as I hope I'd be.)
So here's your challenge... it's really just a matter of ONEs. :)
You're going to create a card (any size/format is allowable.) But, you'll be allowed to use:
- ONE (1) base card (of any color)
- ONE (1) matting paper (solid or pattern is fine)
- ONE (1) stamp image (you can choose either image or sentiment, not both)
- ONE (1) ink color (Versamark for embossing can be your ONE choice)
- ONE (1) embellishment (ribbon, button, brad, flower, etc.)
Now, you don't have to use ALL of the above, of course. But you may not use MORE than any one of the above.
So, this can be either VERY easy or VERY difficult, depending on your normal style. :) In any case, I just want you to have a lot of fun with it!
Here are the usual guidelines:
1. You will post a photo of your project on your blog or gallery.
2. You will then need to copy the URL of the BLOG POST (not your blog, but the actual post where you're featuring the project).
3. Add the URL and your NAME to the INLINKS below. :)
4. In your blog post, please add a link to this post and direct others to this post so that they may participate!
5. The deadline is Friday, January 28, 2011 by around 3:00 PM PST.
6. I will choose a random number/winner then and post it.
7. The winner will have until Friday, February 4 to email me at happilyevercrafter at gmail dot com. If I don't receive an email by then, I'll re-draw a number and so on.
8. Only one entry per person, please. :)
And... as always, the winner will win a brand-spankin-new
TEN DOLLAR PAPERTREY INK GIFT CERTIFICATE!!
Here's my creation... I learned that it is CERTAINLY a challenge for me to use just one item from each list item above! :)
This card does have a special purpose and I'd like to share it with you. Over at the PTI forums, a group of us were blessed with the opportunity to spread some love and sunshine to a fellow crafter who received some bad news. You can read it by checking out her post here:
The Blog of Katie Renz
I do hope that you will check out her blog. Not only does she create beautiful pieces of art, she's a wonderful person and you can just READ her strength during this ordeal. If you're so inclined, please consider praying for her and her family. I believe with all my heart that God honors all of His prayer warriors, so let's become prayer warriors for Katie.
Back to our purpose. We are going to send Katie a daily card while she goes through this ordeal. There are about 62 of us and each of us will send a card on a specific date. For example, my day is the 17th of each month and my mom's is the 18th.
I don't write this to sing my own praises because it's I who feel truly grateful for the opportunity to serve God in this. His gift to me (as He always sends gifts to me).
Anyway, I hope you'll visit Katie's blog and leave her some comment love. And I hope you'll partake in this challenge! :)
Thanks for looking and/or commenting!
Stamps: "Day Hemmed"... (unknown, from my stash)
Ink:Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal DSP (both Stampin' Up!)
Other: Label 4 Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Flower (unknown, from my stash); Scor-Pal; Dimensionals; ATG
Happily Ever Yours,